A Condensed, Chronological Journey through the Bible!
Discover How You are Part of God’s Story!
Study the Story:
As you read Chapter 3 of The Story during the week, allow the story of Joseph to help you understand how God can work through difficult situations to work out good.
1. What do you think was Joseph’s mistake with his brothers? If you could, what advice would you have given to Joseph about how to handle his coat and dreams?
2. Potiphar’s wife falsely accused Joseph. Think of a time when you were falsely accused. What did you do? What did you do? How did you handle it? What would you have done differently?
3. What do you learn about God from the years of trials Joseph faced?
4. Read Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” How does the promise of this verse encourage you?
5. How does Joseph’s attitude toward his brothers encourage you in some of your own relationship challenges?
Share the Story:
One day around a meal or your dinner table, have an intentional conversation about Genesis 50:20. Read that verse. Use the following questions for discussion:
What are examples of some of the good things God brings into our lives? How can these things that first appear turn out to be positive?
Very Important Passage:
Genesis 50:20 ~ You intended to harm me, but God intended for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.